Due to increased transportation expenses brought on by an increase in gasoline prices, vegetable prices have increased nationwide, creating a dilemma for both buyers and sellers. One of the sharpest spikes in vegetable prices has been for lemons. Lemon farming in India is a trending business idea nowadays.
A significant fruit crop is citrus. Lemons are a significant group of citrus. It is primarily renowned for its pulp and juice worldwide. Around the world, many citrus fruits are consumed as food or juice. Nagpur santra is widely farmed in central India. States that produce Mandarin include Assam, Dibrugarh, and the Brahmaputra Valley. With an annual production of 8608 thousand metric tonnes, citrus is cultivated in India on an area of roughly 923 thousand hectares.
Commercial lemon growing is an extremely old, well-liked, and profitable enterprise in many nations throughout the world. This business is already being operated commercially by many people to make money.
Lemon is a very significant fruit all over the world and is primarily recognized for its pulp and juice. It’s a terrific business to get rich quickly.
Lemons are incredibly nutritious. It contains a lot of vitamin C. 64 percent of the Daily Value is provided by a serving size of 100 grams. Additionally, there is a lack of other crucial nutrients.
Numerous phytochemicals, such as polyphenols, terpenes, and tannis, are present in lemons. Citric acid concentrations in lemon juice are somewhat higher than those in lime juice, nearly twice as high as those in grapefruit juice, and about five times higher than those in orange juice.
Lemons are particularly high in vitamin C, although they contain very few other vitamins and minerals. Lemon juice in 100 g servings has the following nutrients.
How to start lemon farming in India?
The number of lemon plants per acre is just one piece of information that should be gathered before beginning lemon farming. Lemon tree water requirements, necessary climate, pH of the soil, fertilizer schedule, etc.
Temperature requirement for growth of a lemon tree:
- The ideal temperature required for lemon plant growth is 25°C to 30°C.
- The lemon tree can bear the temperature only up to 40°C if it goes beyond 40° C then it’s hard to survive lemon tree.
- The lemon tree can go into dormancy if the temperature goes below 10°C.
Lemon soil requirements for proper growth:
We may claim that lemon plants can grow in a wide range of soil types and that lemon tree soil requirements are not very demanding. The optimum soil for lemon trees should be chosen for better development and fruit output. The best soil for lemon growth is light loam which is well drained. Reduce soil heating and moisture evaporation by adding mulch around the lemon tree.
Land Preparation for lemon planting:
To level the field properly, ploughing should be done twice. While ploughing, you should also clear weeds and small stones. The optimal period to sow lemon seedlings is from June to August. For the plant seedlings, a pit of 60 x 60 x 60 cm must be dug. The pits must also include 10 kg of FYM and 500 grams of single superphosphate. Keep in mind that FYM must be added prior to seeding.
For improved development and productivity, lemon plants require constant irrigation. Winters and summers should both be used for life-saving irrigation. For a plant to flower, bear fruit, and grow properly, irrigation is required.
However, excessive irrigation can also result in ailments like root rot and collar rot. Watering frequently is advantageous.
Lemon takes 150 to 160 days to attain maturity and only begins to bear fruit in the fifth year. Despite this, lemon produces fruits three to four times per year. In India, lemons are harvested three to four times per year.
Advantages of lemon farming:
Commercial lemon growing is a fairly simple and successful business. This business is already being run by many people. Even novices can launch this business because it is so simple.
Lemon manufacturing on a large scale or for profit is very common in many nations. However, we are attempting to highlight the top benefits of the lemon farming industry here.
- It is incredibly straightforward and easy to start a commercial lemon farming business. Even if you have never run a business before, you can quickly get started.
- Lemon plants are very simple and straightforward to grow. Additionally resilient and powerful, the plants.
- In certain regions of India, Myanmar, and China, commercial lemon farming is a long-standing industry.
- Numerous growers have already begun operating commercial lemon farms. So, establishing this business won’t cause you too much anxiety. Its future is quite bright.
- The production of lemons for commerce is quite profitable. As a result, you will be able to benefit greatly from this venture.
- Even if you’ve never run a business before, you can start this one. Although, before beginning commercial production, we advise receiving instruction.
- Compared to some other crop farming businesses, the capital needs are comparatively modest. But relax, you’ll get good returns.
- Lemons are in high demand and have a decent market price. As a result, you don’t need to worry too much about product marketing.
- Lemon plants require relatively little maintenance. Additionally, the cost of maintaining your plants will be lower.
- You may even develop a small-scale lemon farm on some of your idle land, ponds, lakes, etc. And by doing that, you’ll earn some more cash.
- Commercial lemon growing is a tremendously successful and lucrative industry. Therefore, it may be an excellent source of employment for those who are unemployed. especially for those with education who are jobless.
Lemon water is good for your human health in many ways. The following are a few of the health advantages of lemon water:
- A good source of vitamin C is in lemons and lemon water.
- It supports weight loss.
- Skin quality is improved by lemon water.
- The digestive tract can be improved by warm lemon water.
- Drinking lemon water helps with digestion.
- It improves breathing.
- Lemons’ citric acid may prevent kidney stones.
- Lemon’s antimicrobial properties aid in clearing skin by getting rid of blackheads.
- Lemon water without sugar aids with diabetic maintenance.
KhetiGuru provides you with all detailed information about farming methods, and other agricultural activities. To know complete details about farming install the Khetiguru application. For tractor, tractor price, tractor news, and all the latest updates install the KhetiGaadi application.