In order to reduce the economic burden of the farmers and to provide their loans again from the bank, the government of many states has given the benefit of loan waivers to the farmers.
KhetiGaadi always provides right tractor information
In this sequence, the Jharkhand government will also waive off outstanding loans up to Rs 50 in the standard crop loan outstanding accounts of farmers till March 31, 2020. The beneficiary list for this will be announced soon.
If you are also a farmer in Jharkhand state and want to take advantage of the loan waiver scheme, then read this post of TractorJunction completely so that you can get proper information about the complete scheme.
So let’s know what is Jharkhand government’s loan waiver scheme and how it will benefit.
Jharkhand Farmer Loan Waiver Scheme was announced by the Chief Minister of Jharkhand, Hemant Saren on 15 August 2021.
Under this scheme, the loans of all the marginal and small farmers of the state will be waived off. For this, a provision of Rs 2,000 crore has been made in the budget.
Let us inform you that there are more than 5 lakh such farmers in Jharkhand who have taken loans. Most of these farmers have taken loans through Kisan Credit Card Scheme.
The loan waiver scheme in Jharkhand has been extended till next year. If farmers want to take advantage of this scheme then they have to apply for it and check their names on the beneficiary list. If your name appears in the beneficiary list, then your loan of Rs 50,000 will be forgiven.
Under the Farmer Debt Waiver Scheme Jharkhand, loans up to Rs 50,000 will be waived off of all the small and marginal farmers of the state.
Along with this, farmers doing sugarcane crops, and fruits along with other traditional farming will also be given the benefit of the farmer loan waiver scheme. The purpose of the loan waiver scheme is to help the farmers financially so that they can take bank loans again for their agricultural work.
Farmers Loan Waiver Scheme In Jharkhand loans up to Rs 50,000 will be waived off to farmers.
If a farmer has taken a loan of one lakh rupees from the bank, then his loan up to 50 thousand rupees will be waived off. He will have to pay the remaining Rs 50,000 along with interest to the bank.
Eligibility or Conditions for Kisan Karj Yojana (Debt Waiver Scheme, Debt Relief Scheme):
Some eligibility and conditions have been set for the Farmer Loan Waiver Scheme Jharkhand these are as follows-
- Ryot farmers who do agriculture on their own land will be eligible for this scheme.
- Non-ryot farmers who do agriculture on the land of other ryots i.e. they do not have their own land, such farmers will also be given the benefit of a loan waiver scheme.
- Farmers who are permanent residents of the state will get the benefit of Kisan Karj Mafi Yojana Jharkhand.
- To take advantage of the scheme, the age of the farmer should be more than 18 years. There is no upper age limit prescribed.
- The benefit of this scheme will be given only to the eligible member holding only one crop loan from a family.
- The crop loan should be issued from a qualifying bank located in Jharkhand.
- This scheme is voluntary for all crop loan holders.
- The farmers applying for the Farmer Loan Waiver Scheme should be short-term crop, loan holders.
- The family of the deceased loan holder will also be eligible for a loan waiver.
- The farmer applying must have a standard crop loan account.
- It is also necessary to have a credit card with the application. Apart from this, it is also necessary for the applicant to have a ration card and a valid Aadhaar number.
These people will not get the benefit of the farmer loan waiver scheme:
Debt Waiver Scheme In Jharkhand, some ineligible people have been kept out of the scheme. They will not be given the benefit of a loan waiver even if they are farmers. The people who will not get the benefit of a loan waiver are as follows-
- Low category loan holders will not be eligible to join this scheme.
- Former and current members of Rajya Sabha or Lok Sabha or Legislative Assembly or former or current minister of state government or current chairman of municipal bodies or current chairman of a district councilor minister or current president of municipal bodies or current president of district council are eligible for this scheme. will not be considered eligible.
- Central or State Departments and their Regional Unit/State Government Ministries or PSEs and affiliated offices, all working or retired officers and employees of Autonomous Institutions under the Government, and regular employees of local bodies (Multi-Taking Staff or Group Fourth or Group D personnel except) will not be eligible.
- All super retired/retired pensioners having a monthly pension of Rs.10,000 or more (except multi-tasking staff/Group IV or Group D personnel) will not be eligible.
- Not all persons paying income tax in the last assessment year 2020-21 will be able to take advantage of this scheme.
- Apart from this, all the registered doctors, engineers, lawyers, chartered accountants, and architects, are practicing.
Documents required to apply for a loan waiver scheme are:
Farmers who want to take advantage of the loan waiver scheme, then they have to apply for it. Some important documents will be required for the application which are as follows-
- Aadhar card of the farmer applying
- Documents related to farmer’s land
- farmer residence certificate
- farmer’s identity card
- bank account passbook
- Farmer’s Aadhaar Linked Mobile Number
- Farmer’s passport size photo
How to apply for farmer loan waiver scheme in Jharkhand: Farmers can apply for a loan waiver scheme in the state’s farmers’ commercial banks, scheduled cooperative banks, and rural banks.
Under this scheme, there is a process of receiving applications through the Common Service Center and the bank, so applicants will have to contact their nearest bank branch and take the form from there.
After this, all the information asked in the form will have to be filled incorrectly. After this, the requested documents will have to be attached and they will have to be deposited in the bank. Loans of eligible farmers will be waived after KYC is done.
A separate portal will be ready for farmer loan waiver: A portal will be prepared by the State Level Bankers Committee (SLBC) for the Kisan Karj Mafi Yojana Jharkhand. All bank data will be kept under this portal.
The complete details of the farmer’s loan and the category of the loan will be available on this portal. A separate folder will be created by the State Level Bankers Committee i.e. SLBC on this portal for the farmers taking loans up to 50 thousand.
Similarly, another folder will be created for those taking loans above 50 thousand and up to one lakh rupees and for farmers taking loans above one and up to 1.5 lakh rupees.
Similarly, on the portal of SLBC, a list of different farmers will be prepared according to different categories and loan amounts.
Now out of this list, the farmers whose outstanding loan is up to 50 thousand rupees or the farmers who had taken loans up to 50 thousand, their loan will be waived. The beneficiary list will also be issued by the state government on this portal itself.
Where to contact for more information regarding the loan waiver scheme: For more information regarding the loan waiver scheme in Jharkhand, the farmers of the state can contact the nearest branch of their district. Apart from this, you can get information about it by visiting its official website.
To know more about tractor price contact to our executive