Now Farmers Can Apply for Solar Pump Yojana

Published on Jan 24, 2021

Now Farmers Can Apply for Solar Pump Yojana

India is an agricultural country where half of the population still depends on agriculture for their livelihood. Farmers play an important role in the development of the country's economy. But the sad part is that half of the farmer's population is still struggling with poverty, harsh weather challenges, and water scarcity. Keeping these problems in mind, the central government has taken water from farms in remote areas through solar pumps. PM Kusum Yojana was started to eradicate the problems of the state. The Central Government has started this scheme not only to eradicate water problems but also to increase the income of farmers. The central government has recently shifted the PM Kusum scheme under the Garib Kalyan Rozgar Abhiyan campaign, which helps farmers to put solar panels on wastelands. Through solar panels, farmers can generate electricity to irrigate their fields and they can also earn by selling additional power. In this scheme, farmers must charge only 10 percent cost contribution. The remaining 90 percent grant will be provided by the government in the account of the farmers. According to the allotted target, administrative approval will be issued to the farmers. For this, scheduled caste category farmers are requested to apply online for the installation of solar pumps in the district and take 100 percent participation in achieving the target.

Ad
ad

Published by
Khetigaadi Team

Similar News

Quick Links

Ad
ad
Get Tractor Price
×
KhetiGaadi Web App
KhetiGaadi Web App

0 MB Storage, 2x faster experience